Quantitative Cross-linking Lens
Comfortable, Accurate, Pain-Free
CXLens® UV Delivery & Biomechanical Monitoring
CXLens® is applied to the scleral surface of the eye (vaulting over the cornea) following administration of Vitamin B2 (Riboflavin) eye drops. CXLens initiates emission of patterned Ultraviolet (UV) light driving corneal cross-linking (CXL). CXLens UV illumination continues until an on-board sensor and algorithms determine that certain bio-mechanical properties of the corneal stroma have changed to within predetermined limits. From this closed-loop dosing paradigm, control of precise permanent corneal shape change (refractive correction) is achieved.
- Integrated Real-time Ultrasound Elastography
- Patterned Ultraviolet Light Delivery
- Proprietary Riboflavin Driver Technology for Intact Epithelium Procedures
- One-time < 30 minute treatment
Comfortable, Precise, Stable Targeting
The scleral design of CXLens is very comfortable for the patient and stable on the eye. Patients can be treated with eyes opened or closed sitting upright in a chair. The contact lens form factor is familiar to contact lens wearers, eliminating the fear associated with laser correction procedures.
- The scleral lens platform moves with the eye during treatment, eliminating patient motion artifacts and the need for complex eye motion tracking hardware and algorithms.
- As CXLens moves with the eye we achieve precise and stable targeting of the UV to selected zones of the cornea.
- This degree of stability is required for refractive indications and provides for more efficacious Keratoconus cross-linking treatment as the patient cannot look away from the light.
- No eyelid speculum required.
qCXL for Accurate Refractions
CXLens is unique in the corneal cross-linking field enabling Quantitative Cross-linking (qCXL). Sitting directly on the eye, it’s built-in Ultrasound transducer provides real-time elastography feedback during cross-linking enabling precise closed-loop dosing (selective stiffening of the corneal surface) required for accurate refractive outcomes.
CXLens Ultrasound Transducer
Ultrasound is transmitted through the UV beam (not possible with stand-off off-eye systems) to measure real-time qCXL parameters including:
- Increase in corneal stiffness
- Collagen fiber tightening
- Corneal thickness changes
CXLens provides a Comfortable High Oxygen Environment for Accelerated Cross-linking with our proprietary cross-linking fluid. Oxygen is an important factor in CXL. Supplemental Oxygen speeds up the reaction. Our proprietary cross-linking fluid:
- Fills the fluid reservoir of the scleral lens providing a perfect Ultrasound conduction path and carries up to 60% Oxygen by weight
- Is transparent to UV and ultrasound
- Is a comfortable means to enhance available oxygen compared to blowing air over the eye
Simplicity and Scale
TECLens provides the most technologically advanced cross-linking platform without sacrificing operational simplicity and affordability.
TECLens console driving two CXLens devices
- The small inexpensive control system offers easy market entry to cross-linking and refractive correction
- The TECLens system was designed with the busy practice in mind making it economic to treat multiple eyes and patients simultaneously
- Patients can be treated in a waiting room sitting up, with no need for a surgical suite or multiple attending staff
- For Keratoconus patients, TECLens enables the treatment of both eyes at once. A 400% increase in efficiency for the practitioner. Treating two eyes at once is simply not possible with any other cross-linking system.
- Because CXLens attains extreme stability on the eye, TECLens treatments for Keratoconus may also be more efficacious.
- No ‘LASIK fear factor’
- Comfortable; eyes closed or open
- Therapy in a waiting room
- Positional stability
- Accurate prescription dosing
- Low cost of entry into the refractive market
- Control over procedure margin
- Designed for high patient throughput
- Multiple patients can be treated simultaneously
- Small clinical footprint
- No assistant required
- Progressive Keratoconus
- Low Myopia
- Corneal Ectasia following refractive surgery
- Refractive Tune-up after IOL placement
US Patents 9,883,970 | 9,861,526 | 9,907,698 | 10,010,449 (and corresponding OUS Patents), and several Patents Pending
TECLens® & CXLens® are Registered Trademarks of TECLens, LLC
“Quantitative Corneal Cross-linking” , “Quantitative Cross-linking” & “qCXL” Copyright ©2019 TECLens, LLC All rights reserved.